Pages

.


.

Cat Aggression: What About My Needs!

views the best pictures


All my life, I've wanted a Siamese kitty. Finally, in October of this year, my dream came true when I ran across a litter while running boring errands one day. I was so excited to bring this beautiful cat home to join my other cat, 3 crazy lapdogs, and the parrot. Visions of seal point cuddles ran through my head! Turns out, however, that my Siamese teen kitty has never been whatcha call a love bug.
Even as a kitten, he would dictate how, when, and - most importantly - where anyone could touch him. He is very firm on the top of his head and half of his back only. Typical for a cat, he wants love on his own terms. The difference is his annoyance is highly exaggerated. In fact, everything is exaggerated with him! He meows more, he plays harder, and he rests like a log. While we are thankful that he doesn't claw the new furniture, he's hell on boxes, bed sheets, and curtains for sure. He's noisy, eats like he's a starving hyena, and fast as all get out. We, however, have come to terms with all of this and love him for his beauty (those eyes!,) funny antics, and joyous approach to life. Lately, though, he's just down right mean. Mean.
The older kitty (Q) quickly adjusted to his presence and immediately let him be the "alpha" cat, even when he was teeny. So, there's no real reason for Thai to badger him, steal his food, and - worst of all - kick his ass to the point neighbors can hear him screaming. Like a good kitty mom, I took to the Internet tonight to solve the issue. Surf. Surf. As I dug through the expected pieces of advice (he's not sick, we've separated and calmed them, etc.) I came across some humdingers: play soothing ocean sounds for him; provide him with a soft, dark, comfortable rest area free from distractions; give him food treats; give him kitty tranquilizers, give him special massages, etc. Ok, I'm the most devoted pet owner on the planet, but WHAT THE HELL? I get the stress of adjusting his mean ass behavior and he gets rewarded with a home spa? Plan! Tomorrow I'm going to be extra aggressive - nasty even - with others, and bite my co-wokers and family members often. Yeah. I wonder how long before I get to lounge on a chaise and get a pedicure whilst enjoying a refreshing Mojito?


No comments:

Post a Comment